- RSS Channel Showcase 8232769
- RSS Channel Showcase 9026066
- RSS Channel Showcase 4024822
- RSS Channel Showcase 3692321
Articles on this Page
- 10/10/14--05:20: _Patch Delivery Poli...
- 10/10/14--05:24: _Ghost64.exe -ib. Is...
- 10/10/14--12:01: _General Question
- 10/10/14--15:08: _Running Tasks with ...
- 10/10/14--22:14: _software last time ...
- 10/11/14--00:29: _basic requirement f...
- 10/11/14--21:23: _dagent memory leak
- 10/12/14--09:16: _Communication problem
- 10/12/14--10:50: _migrate endpoint to...
- 10/12/14--19:39: _Client / Serveur
- 10/13/14--00:54: _Migration to new Si...
- 10/13/14--03:01: _Initial Deployment ...
- 10/13/14--07:27: _SQL Query That Retu...
- 10/13/14--12:15: _Report Building
- 10/13/14--19:35: _Migrer SEPM 12.1.3 ...
- 10/14/14--03:12: _ServiceDesk - Dupli...
- 10/14/14--04:52: _Altiris Software Po...
- 10/14/14--06:03: _AeXNSAgentHostSurro...
- 10/14/14--09:16: _SMP 7.5 SP1 support...
- 10/14/14--09:35: _How do I find Unix,...
- 10/10/14--05:20: Patch Delivery Policy Missing
- 10/10/14--12:01: General Question
- 10/10/14--15:08: Running Tasks with Workflow
- 10/10/14--22:14: software last time used
- 10/11/14--00:29: basic requirement for patch mgmt
- 10/11/14--21:23: dagent memory leak
- 10/12/14--09:16: Communication problem
- 10/12/14--10:50: migrate endpoint to a new server
- 10/12/14--19:39: Client / Serveur
- 10/13/14--00:54: Migration to new Site Server
- Run Deploy Image
- Include Deploy Anywhere for hardware independent imaging. Checked
- Skip missing critical drivers. Checked
- Generate Sysprep configuration file using inventory data. Selected
- Username and Passwords are entered to Join Domain
- Run Boot to Production
- Run Apply System Configuration
- Gives Name to client in a range and Join Domain with DHCP option to obtain IP address (Working Properly with Windows 7 Initial Deployment)).
- Run Update Client Configuration
- 10/13/14--07:27: SQL Query That Returns Software Delivery Download Status
- 10/13/14--12:15: Report Building
- 10/13/14--19:35: Migrer SEPM 12.1.3 vers SEPM 12.1.5
- 10/14/14--03:12: ServiceDesk - Duplicate Changes
- 10/14/14--04:52: Altiris Software Portal without Active Directory
- 10/14/14--09:16: SMP 7.5 SP1 support for SQL 2012 SP2
We've just discovered something that's very strange and I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen. We recently started using Patch Management for Google Chrome back in August. Since then, the process has been the same as it always has until we realized that the old policies are gone.
While investigating, it looks like every single Google Chrome patch is named "GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise.msi"
Is it possible that these patches are being destroyed because the name of the software resource is identical?
A long while back we adjusted our command line arguments to include the '-IB' option. This ensured that when we dumped an image it would be intact and inclusde the boot sector.
You can read about it here:
I that still necessary in version 18.104.22.1688? Do you forsee it still being necessary in the upcoming GSS 3.0? Just curious.
I have a question, one of my colleagues asked me and I dont know the answer, we are going to move to SCCM, will Altiris stop working if we let the licenses expire, I would think yes but dont know for sure.
I would like to run various scripts/tasks on a client computer via workflow. I went through this video, https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/creating-and-executing-smp-tasks-workflow, but it does not explain how to target a specific computer name to run the task against. The example in the video show's him creating a text file directly on the NS, but how do I target other computers?
Any of the idea to know the software when the last time used, so i can prepare the formate to remove the non required software information?
What is the basic requirement for deploying the security patches from altiris?
We are running DS 6.9 sp5. Our agents have been stable since going to this version for a year or so. Just recently we have been seeing dagent memory leak behavior. Consuming large amounts of RAM/CPU and then eventually crashing the server. Seems to only be 2008. Some old articles talk about "rejected computers" list but this list is empty. Other articles explain the cause as the dagent trying to connect to the DS but being rejected and repeated attempts causing the problem. Could this be license related?
Any help would be appreciated.
I am facing little but big problem for replacing sylink.xml file in one of managed Sep client but not reporting SEPM console.
SEP client are password protect so I am unable to Import sylink.xml and policy.xml to stop or replace password protect policy.
Please provide some troubleshooting steps to replace sylink.xml file.
SEP client version: 11.0.7
there is a symantec endpoint 12.1 installation on a physical server with applied policies and deployement to 200 clients. This installation is running normaly, using the symantec endpoint's default embeded database.
Our goal is to move the installation to a new virtual server which currently exits and is running some other apllications, (such as system center e.t.c.). We want the endpoint to be installed there and run along with the other applications.
For this reason we have performed a new fresh installation to the virtual server. Our plan is to make a database restore from the running installation (the physical server), so as to move the policies, settings and clients to the new installation (on the virtual server).
So my questions are:
1) Can it be a database restore from another installation (form the installation on the physical to installation on the virtual)?
2) Will this restore brings us the the settings, policies and clients from the running installation to the new one?
3) How can the clients "see" the new server? (The new server will have its own hostname, ip address e.t.c). Our goal is to NOT need to perform an uninstall and new install of the client software to 200 clients. Is there a possibility to point the clients to the new management server automatically?
thnks in advance
J'ai SEPM et des clients SEP sur mon réseau, et je souhaite savoir si c'est les clients qui communiquent avec le serveur ou si c'est l'inverse?
Lors d'une mise à jour virale, est ce bien le client qui contact le serveur pour lui demander si il a une définition virale plus récente que la sienne?
A partir de combien de mises à jour d'écart (.dax) le client décide de télécharger une version "Full" plutôt qu'un delta?
Merci beaucoup pour vos explications.
Hi All ,
I am in the phase of testing upgrade of SMP to 7.5 SP1 HF3. And before upgrade i am planning on moving/migrating my existing site server to a new environment .
The main reason for the migration is due to low disk space . I use deployment solutions and store multiple images in my site server
Any suggestions for the new server setup ??
Also recommendation on migrating the existing packages and settings to the new server ..
Thank You All in Advance
I am using Deployment Solution 7.5 Sp1. I am unable to deploy Windows 8 or 8.1 with Initial Deployment. My Job contains following tasks.
Initial Deployment starts and Computer boot with PXE and obtain IP address and starts Deploy Image Task when Task completes its restart computer but never boot in Production and display a popup with information as “windows could not complete the installation to install windows on this computer restart installation”
Note: Same Job for Windows 7 Sp1 working fine without any problem.
Need help to resolve this problem.
I am looking for a query that returns the status of a managed software delivery...specifically the download % complete or size of the download on the disk.
For instance, we are wanting to know how far along an Office 365 download for remote users are. Are the downloads complete and how far along are they...either percentage or size on disk of the GUID folder within Software Delivery?
Is there a way to run a report for installed software by computer against another list of computers?
I have a list of 150ish machines that should have X software installed but, I can only pull installed software and check against every line item.
Ideally, I could check against the list, and pull the versions installed as well. The list of computers that I have was culled from our inventory database (SQL) that is outside of Altiris if that makes a difference.
Je souhaite migrer SEPM 12.1.3 vers SEPM 12.1.5, quelle est la procédure?
Je souhaite gérer la bande passante pour les mises à jour des clients car je rencontre des problèmes de réseau, comment dois-je configurer le module Apache de SEPM 12.1.5?
Que veut dire "MP*" et "MR*"? Je vois souvent écrit "MR2" ou "MR4MP2", qu'est que ça veut dire?
Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses.
I need a solution to clone Change requests.
My objective is to create a change request and assign to a quality environment (Service), and have a equal Change with another id assigned to a production environment.
I need something like a button (can be in process type actions) that the technician press and the form ask what is the process id and automatically the workflow create a new change with the same information.
Have anyone an idea to do this?
Is there any way to manage user on Software Portal without use Directory Active?
we have a LDAP server (not Microsoft), can we connect this users with Notification SErver users?
Thanks a lot
i have a question.
We found out that the Process AeXNSAgentHostSurrogate32.exe needs 25%CPU when it is runnning.
For what is this Process? I think it is for inventory scna. We have configured, that inventory is send every day to our server.
Can I configure Altiris that the process only uses small CPU Usage?
Maybe somebody can give me a best practice to configure our SMP Environemnt?
Does anybody know an Symantec Atiris / SMP Expert in Austria?
Thanks for reply.
My DBA's are asking if they can update the SMP database to 2012 SP2. We're currently running on SQL 2012, platform is at 7.5 SP1 HF3.